Outcome Indicator Tables
As part of our ongoing monitoring responsibility under the B.H. consent decree, the Children and Family Research Center (CFRC) has developed a set of child welfare outcome indicators that measure child safety, child and family well-being, and permanency of family relations. The annual B.H. monitoring report compiles performance data for the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), compares this year’s performance data with past years’, and includes breakdowns by region and by child age, race, and gender.
Select an indicator from the list below. For each indicator you can select the population of interest: all children in Illinois or children in a specific region, subregion or county. Results can also be sorted by child age, race, and gender. For indicators marked with an asterisk (*), the most recent year listed will not reflect a complete year of data.
Both the SACWIS data and the CYCIS data were extracted on 3/31/2020.
- Maltreatment Recurrence*
- Maltreatment Among Children in Intact Family Cases*
- Maltreatment Recurrence Among Children Receiving No Services*
- Maltreatment in Substitute Care
- Initial Placement*
- End of Year Placement*
- Initial Placement with Siblings*
- End of Year Placement with Siblings*
- Placement Stability
- Children Who Run Away from Substitute Care*
- Median Length of Stay in Substitute Care*
- Reunification Within 12 Months*
- Permanence (Reunification, Adoption, Guardianship) Within 24 Months*
- Permanence (Reunification, Adoption, Guardianship) Within 36 Months*
- Stability of Permanence (Reunification, Adoption, Guardianship) at Two Years*
- Stability of Permanence (Reunification, Adoption, Guardianship) at Five Years*
- Stability of Permanence (Reunification, Adoption, Guardianship) at Ten Years*